Sunday, August 21, 2011

Darryl Baker to Southport

Well what I thought was going to be a quiet Sunday evening at home became a little bit more busy after some developments in the Darryl Baker transfer saga. As early as a month ago I had been hearing from a source in the Jeffersonville area that the talented 6'3'' Shooting Guard (2013), was going to be enrolling at La Lumiere School. Then, about 10 days ago the source said that he had talked to Darryl and that the plan was to go to Southport. I was trying to confirm the report, but after speaking to Southport Head Basketball Coach Wes Peek I decided to not run the story. Coach Peek said that he was not at the school for the first day of class, instead he had gone back to Jeffersonville. So, I figured that the whole thing must have not had any truth to it. However, this morning I got a message from my source and he told me that Darryl told him that he would be at Southport on Monday. It looks like it may actually be final this time! Coach Peek has confirmed that Darryl was at the school on Friday, but nothing is official as of now. I will stay on top of this story until the transfer becomes official.

In other news...

6'8'' Power Forward Joe Reed of Center Grove H.S. verbally committed to IPFW. Reed also considered American and Illinois-Chicago, both of whom had offered. The athletic post man saw his recruiting shoot up after a very good month of July with the Eric Gordon Central Stars.

Markese McGuire, a 6'3'' Shooting Guard, from Elkhart Memorial H.S., has received an offer from Evansville.

Jared Drew, 6'6'' Small Forward, from Cathedral H.S., is off the board to St. Louis. Good pick up, and the first in their 2012 class, for Coach Majerus.

No comments:

Post a Comment