Overall, in East Central Indiana, the class of 2010 is not nearly as talented as the class of 2011. However, here is my list of the top 5 players in the area with a honest evaluation of their college potential. Remember, this is only including players I have seen recently, so it may change from week to week. However, the top 2 spots are fairly secure.
1. Neal Beshears (Winchester)- 6'7" guard/forward. Long, athletic body, good slasher on the offensive side. Plays a good perimeter game as well. Great offensive rebounder. Named to the Junior-All Star team. He needs to add strength to his frame. Low Division 1 player.
2. Brad Siegel (Centerville)- 6'6'' small forward. Great rebounder, has developed post skills from playing center in high school, however has outside game from AAU experience. Can shoot out to 22 feet. Needs to improve his ball handling skills to excel at the small forward spot. Good motor. Could be a solid Division 2 player.
3. Zach Apollos (Knightstown)- 6'4" small forward. Athletic, strong body. Good rebounder. Consistent jumper out to 3 range. Strenght causes match up problems in high school, however is undersized to play post in college. Good handles for size. Probably a D3 prospect.
4. Brett Singer (Cambridge City)- 6'2'' point guard. Good offensive skills. Athletic body. Good shooter with deep range. Rebounds well from the guard spot. Needs to improve defensive desire in order to defend guards in college. NAIA prospect.
5. Zach Hufferd (Connersville)- 6'4" small forward. Athletic, long body. Good jumping ability, active on the offensive end, slasher. Shoots out to 18 feet. Undersized, but good pick up for NAIA school.
My Class of 2011 list should be coming in the next couple of days.