The class of 2011 is very deep in East Central Indiana. Headlined by a few D1 prospects, here is my list of the top players I have seen recently.
1. Jon Trawick (Richmond)- 6'3" shooting guard. Very strong, athletic body. Great rebounder for his size. His strength allows him to get to the basket and finish among bigger opponents. Good mid-range shooter. Impact varsity player since his freshman year. Needs to improve shooting range. Receiving interest from some mid-majors. Will need to become more of a true 2 guard to succed at that level.
2. Dustin Smith (Eastern Hancock)- 6'1'' shooting guard. Athletic, decent quickness. Great outside shooter, consistent out to 25 feet, even with pressure on him. Handles the ball well, may need to convert to PG due to lack of size and strength. Needs to improve defense. Great scorer. Low Division/Division 2 prospect.
3. Matt Schauss (Centerville)- 6'3" point guard. Great outside shooter, handles the ball well. Gets to the rim easily. Has improved athletism from last season. Still needs to work on finishing on the inside and defense. Low Division 1 potential. Probably a D2 player at this time.
4. Spencer Comer (Rushville)- 6'3" shooting guard. Good athletism, quickness. Very hard worker on court. Shoots the ball well from the outside. Needs to improve ball handling so he can get the basket more often. Division 2/Top level D3.
5. Jon Thompson (Rushville)- 6'3'' small forward. Great strength. good set shot from the outside. Good all-around scorer, probably best pure scorer on Indiana Select this summer. However, lacks quickness and is undersized for position. Solid D3 player.
6. Jordan Hahn (New Castle)- 5'10" point guard. Good decision maker, handles the ball well. Needs to improve outside shooting. Undersized, needs to add strength to be able to handle the physicality of the college game. D3 player.
7. Seth Apollos (Knightstown)- 6'4" shooting guard. Long, athletic body. Good outside shooter. Needs to improve ball handling and strenght. D3/NAIA prospect.
8. Alex Houck (Hagerstown)- 6'1" point guard. Good offensive player, get to the rim well. Needs to improve decision making, undersized. NAIA player.
9. Nick Pruitt (Randolph Southern)- 6'3" shooting guard. NAIA player.
10. Brandon Herber (Rushville)- 6'6" power forward. D3 potential.